Sunday, April 6, 2008

Hainan - Sanya Beach

I've been here nearly 3 months and this weekend was a Chinese holiday so I figured it a good time to take a 3 day weekend. I ventured to the province of Hainan to the city of Sanya Beach. On the far side of the island about 400 miles away is the city of Haikou. On April 20th Haikou will host the first ever Ironman China! Should be very cool for those racers.

In any event I came to Sanya beach to relax by the pool, read my books and take some well deserved naps! All I can say is MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

This area is gorgeous for sure. Some say it is the Hawaii of China. I don't know that I would go that far but still it's a great get-away. The biggest challenge I faced is the language. The tourists are all Asian or Russian (for some reason this is a hot spot for them) and therefore English, even at the nice resorts is rare to find.

Check out some of the photos I took....





No comments: