Friday, May 23, 2008

Split Pants anyone?

I'm betting that most of you have never heard of something that the foreigners here in China call "Split Pants." Well take a look at the photo below to get a good idea and then I will explain it to you...

You see since diapers are expensive for kids historically they were not available for everyone to afford. So as of a few months old the kids are given pants with a big slit or hole in the butt in order to make life easy. No diapers to change. In fact it is a common sight to see parents holding their kid up while the kid goes to the bathroom on the grass, cement or really anywhere. I've yet to take a photo of that but if I do I will pass along. So for those of you with young kids put in your orders now for split pants and I will be sure to bring some back on my visit!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i want some too!