Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Olympic Tickets!!!

Well I had said I was not going to be heading to the Olympics for a variety of reasons. However once I started to watch and saw all the empty seat I got to thinking...maybe a chance?

Well it turns out an old high school buddy was there on his trip of a lifetime. Basically he was handling some ticket sales. So I got in touch with him and two days later I was headed to Beijing to pick up some tickets! Now I've taken way more photos than I can post here and am way behind in work so you will have to hold a bit for the full story including what events I saw.

What I will tell you is that it was an amazing experience! Everything from the venues to the volunteers (rumored to be over 1 million!!!) to all the people around the world that I meet it was super cool.

Here is a photo from the afternoon of my first day in front of the Bird's Nest. It's so large no matter where you go it's tough to get the perfect photo!


Below is a photo of the Water Cube. This has been given such wonderful reports by the athletes and everyone else who has seen it and been in it. I wasn't able to get in but it's super cool from the outside!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Very cool! What a once in a lifetime opportunity!