Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving at "Mom's"

As you may know I decided to take a real quick trip to LA to be with my brothers for Thanksgiving.   I left Shanghai on Wednesday night, arriving into LAX also on Wednesday evening.  Then the plan is to return on Saturday morning, giving me a little over 2 full days on the ground.

With the Packers playing the Lions on Thursday and me living overseas it was a chance to watch a game live for the first time all season.  So Taylor and I went to "Mom's" to watch the game.  We walked in to "Mom's" (photo below) just after halftime to the bar and instantly I was home.  Wall to wall Packers fans, including one bald guy with his head fully painted like a Packers helmet!

After a 7-0 halftime lead we got to watch the Lions implode led by Ndamukong Suh who was ejected during a critical drive.  Ahh what fun to see Mom's explode during touchdown after touchdown.  Everything down to the Packers music blaring after each score and plenty of well lubricated fans dancing in the bar.

But I digress a bit.  While watching the Packers move to 11-0 was spectacular, it wasn't the highlight of the trip.  Rather just simply hanging with my brothers enjoying Thanksgiving for a couple days was the icing on the pumpkin pie so to speak.  Alex had the turkey dinner catered in so we had no worries about ruining the food or stressing over cooking.

Now as I struggle to try and sleep with the jet lag on the short trip I don't really care as the trip was a blast and well worth it.  Then again I might say otherwise as I actually have two more trips to the US before the end of the year (more on that later I guess).  

No comments: