Sunday, April 20, 2008

Travel

Since some of you think that all I do over here is have fun, since that's mostly what this Journal mentions, I thought I would share my current schedule.

Friday: Work full day in office then fly to Shanghai at night.
Saturday: Meet my boss from US first thing. Get driven 2 hours to a factory. Meet with them until 1PM and then hustle to the airport. Next we have a 5 1/2 hour flight to Singapore, getting to our hotel around midnight.
Sunday: At 8:00AM we get picked up by one of our factory partners in Singapore, drive a couple of hours to Malaysia to see meet with them at their factory. (Most factories are open Monday-Saturday but with the boss coming from US they will open for us). Long story short we have 3 factories visits today all around Malaysia. At the end we have a couple hours drive to Kuala Lumper. My guess is we will arrive at our hotel around 9PM???
Monday: Same thing as Sunday except there are only 2 factories to visit. However we do a lot of business with each so it means longer visits.
Tuesday: First thing in AM fly to Guangzhou China - 4 1/2 hours. Arrive and immediately get taken to factories. We have 2 to hit that afternoon. Plus a dinner scheduled with another. But after that my driver will take me home to sleep in my bed (well my Asia bed that is!)
Wednesday: Visit 3 factories in Southern China and then my boss heads back to Shanghai where he will fly out on Thursday.

All in all a busy schedule. So while I get to "visit" some places I really don't get to "see" them all the time. I write this from my hotel in Singapore. I specifically got up at 5:30AM to go for a run so I could see the city! However right now it's still pitch black out so I figured I would update this for you all.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying this journal.

3 comments:

jawamily said...

bu hao

nmitchell said...

You are correct on that Emily!

Craig said...

If you were able to spend some time in SIN, you would enjoy it (assuming you like high humidity and heat)...maybe minus the high expense for everything....except the local chicken rice. Sentosa island is one of my favs. And, next time you need to make sure you visit the Orchard Towers shopping center....at night...