Sunday, May 9, 2010

Work visa/residence permit

We had a nice short week work wise thanks to a holiday.  So it was only Wed-Sat (customer on Sat) but it felt like a heck of a lot more.  My life so far has truly been - work, work, work over here.  Not bad just a lot to learn and get through.
Wed this past week I went to get a Chinese physical for my work visa/residence permit.  Quite interesting.  Was truly an assembly line of rooms that I had to go through.  Started with a blood sample.  Not liking needles in general I figured I certainly wasn't going to look at one here in China.  Then an ear, nose and mouth check up, followed by EKG, surgical check, general health and ultrasound.  The EKG was the weirdest.  They hooked me up to all sorts of 1950's type wires, laid me down on a gurney, turned it on and I felt nothing.  Then it was over. 
All in all I think it turned out just fine.  Get my results this coming week I think.  Then I need to apply for the permanent resident permit and work visa.
This week should be non-stop work.  We have at least 10 customer appointments that I know of already through the weekend.  I'm sure it will be satisfying but at the same time exhausting. 

No comments: