Monday, May 2, 2011

Bin Laden

While today was a holiday (May Day) and our office was closed, I still had a customer so I was in around 10AM.  Around 11AM this customer, who is Canadian, says to us that he just got a text from his mom stating that the US gov't had killed Osama Bin Laden.  Really?  It had been so long that I, like many others, simply thought it was not something that was ever going to happen. 

As soon as i got home a couple hours later I started watching a ton of news on it.  There already were impromptu celebrations going on at The White House and where the World Trade Towers had been.  I get most of my news here on CNN.  And I genuinely think they do a pretty good job reporting on a world wide basis using their crews out of Hong Kong.  However it was also most interesting to watch it unfold on BBC and an Australian news network.  It appears obvious to me that this was not just a US incident but rather a world-wide incident.  Even reading it online here in China either on Shanghai Daily or China Daily gives a pretty good view of the events.

Now lets hope we can all put this behind us and move forward.

No comments: