Sunday, March 2, 2008

A chicken and a bike

Two stories from the weekend:
1. As I was heading out of my apartment on Saturday morning to head to work I had to wait for the elevator. My apartment has four units per floor so it's rather small waiting area. All of a sudden I began to hear noises coming from the neighbor who was kitty corner from me. The noises I head I have never heard within a house before! It was a chicken! A chicken for god sakes! Yes right here where bird flu is prevalent! I spoke to one of my colleagues who said it is somewhat normal for people here to buy a chicken, feed it for a few days to fatten it up and then it becomes a meal someday soon!
2. This photo is taken down the street from me. It's a little tough to see in the photo but the front tire of the bike is raised off the ground due to the weight on the back of the bike. Now from what I know about the locals here, they aren't very big! It's going to need a lot more weight than one Chinese person to balance that bike!


No comments: