Sunday, July 20, 2008

Food and language

Ok so you have all heard me complain at one time or another about the food here right? It's not terrible but it's not the consistent food we are used to in the US. That is what is tough is you maybe expect something to be good and then it's just different.

Before I go further let me give you a language lesson. In Chinese the letters ZH together make a sound like a "J" in the US.

Those of you in Chicago and other big cities are familiar with a high end grocery store called Trader Joe's right? They make some great stuff. Well low and behold we have one too...

It's right down the street from me. My very own Trader Zhou's! Big difference though is that this store only sells wine! Oh well they tried.

1 comment:

jawamily said...

uhm...'high end' and 'Trader Joe's' in the same sentence?