Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving back in the USA

Last Wednesday afternoon I began the trek back to the US for Thanksgiving.  From Shanghai to Newark, then a connection to Tampa where I stayed at an airport hotel.  Then on Thanksgiving morning I made the final couple hour drive down to the Fort Myers area to be with my dad/stepmom and brothers for some home cooked turkey and football watching!

It's not often that us three brothers get together and this visit was short as Taylor headed back to Chicago on Friday.  However I'll see him again next week as I go to Chicago.  Regardless it is always nice to get together.

On Friday my dad, step-mom, Alex and myself took a boat ride and then went to the beach to check out the sunset.


 It was a perfect evening to see a wonderful sunset in Florida!

After watching the sunset we went inside to have dinner and actually celebrate my Dad and Step-mom's 22nd wedding anniversary.  I can't say it is exactly the place they had in mind to celebrate as it was bar food, plastic plate and cups and even styrofoam glasses for the water!  But we all had a good laugh and a good time.

No comments: