Sunday, July 18, 2010

Grocery Shopping

A day in the life here often includes grocery shopping.  Most of the locals literally do there shopping on a daily basis.  I generally go 2-3 times a week.  However it's a bit more complicated.  I end up going to three places typically.  The first being an "import" store where I can get many things like canned soups, salad dressing, mustard, tuna fish, etc.  There is also a deli of sorts, meat section and bakery.  From there I walk home carrying my bag or bags.  Then it is a trip to another "import" type store that has a tremendous amount of fresh veggies and fruits.  While they have the other stuff the selection is much more sparse.  Lastly I make a stop at convenience store close to home and buy liquids - juices, gatorade and soda.  Reason being you the heavy stuff like that takes it's tool walking around the city so it's best to do close to home.  

All in all I can find most anything I need but generally need 2-3 stops to get it done.  By the time I get home I'm either ready to eat or ready to take a nap...or both!

No comments: