Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Back to the US...

First visit back to the US this year took place starting April 18th.  It was another whirlwind tour.  First to NY to work in the office a few days and then down to North Carolina for the furniture show.  On this part of the trip I brought our local China office GM.  Not his first visit to the US but the first one to this show and it was well worth it for the exposure he got.

After that onto Chicago!  In typical Nolan fashion I packed a lot of things on the agenda which meant a lot of things didn't get accomplished.  The main goal though was heading back to the Drake Relays (where I went to school) for a reunion of sorts.  I don't believe I had been back in over 10 years but catching up with old friends was well worth it. 

The four of us pictured below (Scott Lewis, myself, Sam Passer, and Riki Hashimoto) arranged to meet in town on Friday not knowing who else we would see.  We ended up seeing a bunch of folks in our class and classes around us, toured campus (not much changed) and of course drank a few beers at the local watering hole called Peggy's.  For me it was a great chance to see folks who I rarely get to see because of living way over here.  Let's do it again in the future gentlemen!


No comments: