Thursday, November 4, 2010

To the US and back...

Well since I last wrote I've been back to the US with stops in NY (company headquarters), CT (to see mom), North Carolina (for a trade show) and then to Chicago to see friends and family, pick up some stuff and generally hang out.  It was a busy 12 days or so and compounded by being sick with a temp nearly 103 for a while.

Now back in China for a week or so and settled back into the insanity routine we call life here.  The weather is cooling off quickly just like Chicago fall weather, except no football to watch here. 

I've got just about one month left before I do my first triathlon outside of the US.  This is a 1/2 Ironman race also called 70.3 series.  Consists of 1.2mile swim, 56mile bike and 13.1mile run.  Down in Phuket, Thailand.  My training so far to say the least has been piss poor!  Although this past week since being home I'm surprised my body has done as well as it has on some of the long workouts.  Trying to get workouts in with my schedule work wise simply is tough.  Oh well, at least I have a goal and a timeline to follow...

No comments: