Saturday, November 13, 2010

Triathlon

I do miss my triathlons back home so as some know I'm going to try and do one here, specifically the 70.3 in Thailand in early December.  70.3 basically is the designation for a 1/2 Ironman  or 1.2mile swim, 56 mile bike and 13.1 mile run.

My training has been less than ideal.  All my swimming takes place in my apartment complex pool so no open water swimming.  My biking takes place indoors as well on my bike that is set up on an indoor training machine.  Then running outdoors.  Add to it that I'm working like a dog and I feel terribly unprepared for the pain I will feel.

Today I read an article about the race site.  It's a first ever race and they did a training camp there last weekend.  Sounds like the bike is going to be brutally difficult.  Lots of hills and technical riding to be done.  Here's the article hopefully the link will work, just cut and paste...

http://ironman.com/events/ironman70.3/asiapacific70.3/laguna-phukets-new-ironman-70.3-asia-pacific-championship-course-has-been-given-a-seal-of-approval-by-the?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ironman%2Ftopstories+%28Ironman.com+Top+Stories%29#axzz15Aul1YmF

In normal training mode this would be my last serious week of workouts, then start to taper down a bit.  Problem is I haven't had time for the serious workouts and won't this week either.  Oh well all in fun right?

No comments: