Saturday, June 18, 2011

Plum rain season is here!

Gotta love China for all the reasons for the rain.  Right now we are in the middle of Plum rain season.  It happens every year and has something to do with the high levels of humidity causing massive amounts of rain.  Generally speaking this is good as China has had a drought of late and needed the rain.  Me I could do without it.  Since being back from vacation a week ago I think we had one day without rain.  Friday and Saturday (today in fact) have been horrible. 

I have a customer meeting at 9AM on Sunday in Hangzhou which is a 2.5 hour drive away.  So given the early rise on Sunday I figured I would stay in.  Also since I'm only two weeks away from a race in Korea it's all the more important to get some training in. 

That being the case this evening I went to the pool.  Figured I would do a long swim, knock myself out for the night and get up early to sit in the van.  There were only two others in the pool with me so I had room which was nice.  After about 20 min or so I heard a thump into the pool.  The swimmer who was near the middle of the pool stopped and looked all around.  She came a few feet probably of being hit by a falling piece of the ceiling!  Yup the sky was falling outside making the sky fall inside!  That was the end of my workout for the night.

Ahh China gotta love it!

No comments: