Monday, March 1, 2010

Arrival in Shanghai

(View from my new apartment...)


All my bags and bike made it to Shanghai as planned on Friday night. Saturday I went to my new apartment to get keys and make sure everything worked. Then off to Carrefour (like a Wal-Mart) to buy supplies - blankets, sheets, pillows, kitchen ware, etc...

Saturday night I was invited to a moving party. Not for me but friends of mine who I knew in Shenzhen were moving out to Hong Kong the next day. Sad to see them go but was good to get out and meet others.

Sunday I left my hotel and completely moved in to my apartment. Very nice place, especially in comparison to my apartment in Shenzhen. Probably close to 1,400 sq feet (including balcony and such that is unusable space). 2 bedrooms (room for guests) and decent size living/dining area. All in all it will be home. For now it's sparse.

Sunday night was the Latern Festival. Traditional festival for the first full moon of Chinese New Year. All in all that to me that simply meant tons of fireworks!




No comments: