Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Residency Permit and a visit to the police station

Well since I'm living here completely legitimately now, I needed to visit the police station and register my residency. Apparently this needs to be done within 72 hours of arrival. I was about 1 day late. So that meant I paid a 100RMB fine (about $14US). However the headache with paying the fine was typical China. I had to go to the station to get the ticket, then go to a bank across town, pay the fine, get a receipt and return to the police station to get the permit.  Below is the permit.

When I return to the states in April I'll need to go to the Chinese Embassy and submit other forms for my work visa in order to be totally legit. It's all a process I guess but not much fun, especially when dealing with the language barrier.

Below is my ticket for registering late.  I can't read it but for sure I did pay the fine.

No comments: