Saturday, January 22, 2011

Back to the grind...

Well, the US holidays came and went.  Was great to be home in Chicago for about 10 days, seeing friends and family.  The only down part was I had to stop by my condo which is currently rented out to 3 grad-school students.  It was my first visit since leaving in Feb 2010.  I only met one of the guys and my first impression of him was that he looked like a young Jim Belushi!  And I'm pretty sure he parties like it from some of the complaints I have received.  The place, while clean, looked like a college dorm or fraternity.  It was honestly depressing.

Then after Chicago I was back to Shanghai for a night before heading to Shenzhen and Hong Kong for New Years eve.  Had a blast, stayed out too late, etc. 

Since then it has been work, work and more work. Trying to figure out raises and bonus's for about 60 local employees wasn't easy.  The Shanghai gov't announced in December that the average raise for 2011 in the city would be 11%!  Can you imagine the days of raises at that amount in the states?

Lots more updates to come so check back soon...

No comments: