Monday, January 24, 2011

The Pack is back!

3:05AM this Monday morning my alarms went off all over my room.  I figured I couldn't be too careful about sleeping in after all.  By 3:30 I was in a taxi off to a hotel here in Shanghai to pick up my boss who was in from NY.  Upon getting the taxi to stop and grab him we were off to Big Bamboo to catch kickoff at 4:00AM local time.

Upon arrival the bar was nearly full.  There was basically only two tables open.  There were other seats but honestly I was shocked how full it was at that hour.  It was obvious a few folks had not gone home that night but were still continuing the evening of drinking, but there was another group planning on heading to work after the game.  Way more folks drinking beer and doing shots than I would have expected.  We grabbed a seat a few minutes before kickoff and were joined by another American co-worker a few minutes later. 

The game itself kept my heart heart from beating for too long at a time.  We should have put the Bears away long before we did but we took it down to the end before punching our ticket to Dallas and the Super Bowl on Feb 7th...The bar was filled with both Packers and Bears fans making for some good fun.  Here is the screen at the end of the game...

 In another week or so we hit Chinese New Year and the year of the Rabbit.  Well just like the rabbit who says he is #1, I say the Packers will end the season as #1.  Aaron Rogers (#12 for those of you who don't follow) didn't play great this week so he should be primed for an awesome game in Dallas during the Super Bowl!
And after the game we headed for some breakfast before being in the office by 8:30 ready to start the work week.  I can't lie, my eyes were a bit tired during the day but I had a smile on my face!  Super Bowl here we come!

No comments: