Wednesday, September 26, 2012

China Taxes

Ahh well as we near October 15th, it's about time I get my 2011 taxes complete huh?  Thankfully as an expat we are basically granted an automatic extension to June 15th and can easily file another extension to October 15th.

This is simply due to the fact that paperwork, W2's, etc need to be sent internationally and some people aren't stateside at the right times.  So it's a nice benefit.  Plus I'm sure the government does it for their own benefit because in many cases as an expat we get a refund.  So that just means more money staying in Uncle Sam's pocket until the fall.

In addition to the US tax I also pay taxes here in China.  The above photo shows the return I got.  I love the comment "Thank you for your contribution to China's flourishing and prosperity."  Yes you are welcome, like I had any choice in the matter!

No comments: