Thursday, September 29, 2011

Molly Nolan's Wedding

As I stated in my last post I was in Chicago last week and the main reason was to attend my cousin's wedding.  The vast majority of the family was there including most who I don't get to see on my trips home so this was a great time to catch up with family, no matter how limited the time was or how busy we all were.

The wedding took place in the city followed by a reception at The University Club of Chicago, which was a stunning location.  Check out the view from the window that evening...makes me miss Chicago very much!

Inside the ballroom got rocking before any of the food was served.  The live band was keeping the crowd on its feet the entire time.  The best was some young (probably recent college grad) woman grabbing a number of the older men and dragging them onto the dance floor and making them take off their jackets and dance!  Was quite a sight to see.  Unfortunately none of those pictures came through too well, but here you see a view of the dance floor.  Quite spectacular.
I did get one shot that turned out well of my Aunt Jane and Uncle Ray and the raucous behind them.  Mind you this is all before dinner!
Unfortunately no photos of the bride and groom as they were busy entertaining everyone and having a grand time before leaving the next day on their honeymoon.

No comments: