Thursday, March 22, 2012

Catching up in Singapore

OK last post on Singapore folks I promise.  One thing that was very cool about heading to Singapore last weekend was the chance to catch up with old and older friends so to speak.

Thanks to social media giant Facebook, I got a message from one of my high school buddies who lives in Singapore.  I played soccer with this guy and went to school with him for two years.  However the last time I saw him was 1991!!!  He lived in Hong Kong for 4 years and then the last 18 months in Singapore.

Then on Sunday after the race I met up with a friend of mine from my days in Kansas City.  He went to Singapore for a 6 week contract, now it is 4 years later and the contract is finally coming to an end.  He and his wife are planning a two month vacation - Japan, China, NORTH Korea, and then Thailand.  There is a possibility of another month in Vietnam.  The final month or two will be spent on vacation but also looking for work allowing them to stay someplace in Asia another few years.

All in all it was great to see people so far away!



Stephen (KC buddy) and I in Singapore after the race.

No comments: