Saturday, March 24, 2012

New Hire (continued)

A few weeks ago I put a post here about a new hire we had coming on board.  Essentially his former mother in law or maybe it was just the mom of his former girlfriend called our office and told us not to hire him.  In any event while I listened to the claim there really isn't much to do.  That's a personal matter, in fact one that may be in the past and had no bearing on his job offer with us.

Well late this past week I was in a meeting when I was interrupted by our HR manager.  Originally I was attempting to tell her to give me a few minutes but she pushed the issue so I listened.  In essence this woman had called our office, gotten the HR manager and told her she was waiting for us in the lobby of the building.  We were expected to come down immediately or she would come up to our office.

So myself, the HR manager and our local GM all went downstairs to discuss with the woman.  Hopefully one way or another this would be the end of it.  Unfortunately when we got down there she was nowhere to be found.  Our lobby opens to a shopping mall but that doesn't open until 10AM so there isn't much place in the lobby to hide.  We looked around further but no success.  Then we headed back up to our office spaces to make sure she didn't go up there.  She wasn't there.

Bottom line I think we have a very unstable mother her who is just looking for attention.

The stuff I deal with!

No comments: