Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Duty Free and Checked Luggage

So on the flight back from Jeju (yes the one that was massively delayed) it was packed with triathletes, their families and friends and of course it was also packed with plenty of Chinese heading back home.  For whatever reason it is pretty normal for the Chinese to bring back lots of duty free items on international trips.  That is usually kept to items like cigarettes, booze, etc.  However this time I saw probably no less than 8 rice cookers carried on board.  Now unless I'm mistaken I can find a rice cooker here in Shanghai on probably three out of every four corners.  Why in the world did they all bring those back?  Did I miss out on something?

Oh well I'll never figure it out.  But then it got better.  When I got to baggage claim I to pick up my bike and bag I saw the below case of water coming on the belt.  Really?  You checked a case of water?  Why?


No comments: