Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Well for you all back in the US it is Valentine's day.  For me it is over but I'm up super early and couldn't sleep so I thought I would add this.

This photo was taken on Monday in small town in China, the day before Valentine's day.  The couple in the photo have been married for 60 years.  And get this, this was the FIRST time they had ever been photographed in color!  According to the caption they had never done that before.  I thought it was too good to pass on.

I don't know how representative this is of older folks in China but it certainly isn't the norm these days.  We've all seen the scores of Chinese tourists and their camera's everywhere, but maybe out in the countryside with the more remote villages it's more common than you think.

Hope everyone had a wonderful day!

No comments: